6 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
The celebration of Earth Day on April 22nd began in the United States in 1970. Here are some ways to mark the occasion.
- Plant a tree – select a tree that can survive in your climate, choose the perfect location and plant your tree.
- Plant flowers – Spring is the perfect time to start your garden. Choose your favorite flower or wild flower and make your garden grow.
- Recycle and Reuse – This is something you can do year round. Find you local recycling center and sort, sort and reuse.
- Nature crafts – There are a tone of crafts you can make at home with your children. Bird houses, bird baths, sun catchers and more.
- Hold a garage or yard sale – Instead of going straight to the dump with things that can be used by someone else. Hold a garage sale to clear out some storage room or help those in need by simply donating them to someone in need.
- Clean up – Walk your neighborhood, a not so busy street (safety first) or a park; pick trash, debris or anything that does not belong.
Today, over one billion people in 192 countries—from Zimbabwe to Albania to Indonesia—take action to protect the planet.
THE ULTIMATE MOTHERS’ DAY
Here at Cozi, families are our top priority. Do you know what helps make many of those families run? Moms. Mom’s Day is a very small token of appreciation for everything our moms do for us. This board has meal ideas, gift ideas and more to celebrate Mother’s Day. Enter to win an Amazon gift card now by following Cozi’s Pinterest and re-pinning a pin. Happy Pinning!
Follow Cozi ‘s Pinterest Board and RePin the images you like OR pin your own inspiration with the hashtag #CoziMomsDay.
Mother’s Day Giveaway
Mother’s Day is a special day just for her! Many of us celebrate mom through out the year and sometimes we just need a little reminded of just how wonderful moms can really be.
Here are a 3 simple ways to celebrate mom all year long:
- Call her – A short and sweet phone call just to say “hi”.
- Make her dinner – Does your mom live close? Make her dinner one night as a surprise. If she lives far away, make dinner on your next visit.
- Send her a card – Hand write a letter or card and drop it in the mail box. She will love checking the mail that day!
Pictures on Gold Silver Locket (created/personalized by winner)
Crazy 8 CRAZY SALE
This sale has been extended! Buy one, Get one for $.88 hurry sale now ends 4/24.
Ready to start your summer clothes shopping? Getting a head start on next years school shopping? Check out this amazing sale from Crazy 8.
Crazy 8 is offering a Buy One Get One for $0.88 sale!
This promotion only applies to regular priced items and ends on Sunday, April 24th.
Buy One Get One for $0.88 at Crazy 8!
FTC Disclosure Statement: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Spring Showers Giveaway
If you haven’t started your Spring Garden yet, now is the time. I have noticed that my tulips are starting to bloom and blossom and couldn’t be more pleased with how the bulbs have sprung.
I also planted a few plants that will hopefully keep mosquitoes at bay. Plants that are commonly used to repel mosquitoes are citronella, marigolds, catnip, horsemint, and ageratum, in addition to several others.
Total ARV $160
A Lucky Ladybug
Micro-Sprinkler Landscape & Shrub Kit with 5 Green Stake Assemblies covering up to 250 sq. ft. (Each kit sold individually.) MADE IN USA
**If you are a company and would like to see your brand advertised in a M.O.O.N. event similar to this please contact MakeOurOwnNetwork@gmail.com
This giveaway is open to the Continental US only (because of shipping costs) and will end on May 1st, 2014.
“Make Our Own Network” solely organized this event and I received no compensation for this publication. My opinions are 100% my own and may differ from your own or even those stated in this post. This event is in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising” and is in no way associated with any of the social media it is viewed/shared/located on. The sponsor is responsible for prize shipment and not this blog or any bloggers involved in the promotion.
Make a Book About Your Favorite Person and You Could Win With Blurb
Make a Book About Your Favorite Person and You Could Win $2,500 from Blurb
(This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.)
Did you know that Blurb might give you $2,500 to read about your favorite person? All you have to do is make a book about a loved one filled with all sorts of kind words, creativity and insight, and if selected, you could win the grand prize! For every book you make (there are seven different categories, so seven different chances to win) you will receive a 30% discount on the printed product. Go to Blurb to check out thedetails of the contest to see what the categories are and when the entries are due. The 30% discount on My Favorite books will be applied at checkout when you use the promo code: MYFAVORITE. (And, even if you don’t enter, you can still get 30% off on all My Favorite books orsave 15% on all printed orders through April 30th!)
Not sure what to write about? Take a look at what some of the people at Blurb say about their favorite people.
Amazon Gift Card Giveaway
This great app has been in the TOP 10 of the most popular in the Education category for the U.S. market for the last 5 weeks!
Hosted by Momma Lew and Co-Hosted by Everything Mommyhood
In this day and age, when our children are exposed to media and technology at every moment, you want to make sure you make the best decisions in what they are exposed to. Right now, over 3.5 million children around the globe are playing a Kid’s Academy App! My own children included!
Some of our most favorite Kid’s Academy apps are The 3 Little Pigs & The Big Bad Wolf, 123 Tracing and my personal favorite – the Montessori Workbook. Your family can play the Montessori Workbook for FREE from iTunes!
Kid’s Academy apps are created with fun in mind! They engage young minds with graphics, music and intriguing games! Although this app is rate for ages 4+, my newly 3 year old plays it with no problems at all. Toddlers can start with the easier skills and then gradually build on their better developed skill levels. Both of my children are able to work on this app at age appropriate levels, even though they are 2.5 years apart.
A few key points about the Montessori App:
- Basic reading, writing and math skills are worked on,
- Children are rewarded by collecting fireflies throughout their game play.
- Children are also given hints to help build their skills and more importantly, their confidence!
- The curriculum your child will work on is developed by preschool education experts and is aligned to common core standards.
- Available for your iPhone or iPad.
As a parent, you probably find the reviews people leave on products to be helpful in your decision making process. Kids Academy feels the same way. When you leave a review on their apps, it helps other parents know this is an age-appropriate app for their child and it helps Kid’s Academy to continuously work on their apps to bring you the best.
To say thank you for leaving a review on this new app, Kid’s Academy will be giving away FIVE (5) $50 Gift Cards to Amazon!
How to enter:
This giveaway is open worldwide to readers 18+ and ends on 5/5/14 at 11:59pm EST. All entries will be verified, one entry per household. Winners are emailed and have 48 hours to claim their prize before a new winner will be chosen.
Good luck and thank you for entering! *Momma Lew’s Blog received compensation for this post and all opinions expressed were not influenced in anyway. Promoting Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Perfectly Beachy did not receive compensation for this post.
- Download and use the FREE app from iTunes here,
- Leave a review of at least a few sentences!
- Then, come claim your entries here in the Entry Form to be entered to win 1 of the 5 $50 Amazon Gift Cards!