Back to School Bedtimes
As a mother of three boys, I only have one in school right now. He just started the 5th grade is eagerly looking forward to the 5th Grade Class trip. They will be going to swim with the Manatees in Florida.
For the past 4 years, his bedtime has always been 8 o’Clock. He is on of those children that get really cranky if not in bed at a decent hour.
We have tried moving his bedtime to a later time, but he always seems to still get tired at the end of the day. This will be the first year that is bedtime is 9 o’Clock. Granted we are only a week into school, but this could be the magic number for the 2015-2016 school year.
This chart I found on Facebook, is helpful! But I would like to mention that every child is different. I would look to this chart as a guide and not a standard.
So what time do you put your children to bed on school nights and how old are they?
End of summer tips and contest
Last Minute Road Trips:
People are planning last minute getaways for Labor Day Weekend and still need suggestions about what to do, how to keep their kids entertained for those long trips (or maybe taking an older sibling to college) and how to eat healthy while on the road. I have great infographics from American Express I can send you that illustrate:
– 5 Road Trip Must Haves
– Beyond I-Spy
– Healthy Snacking on the Road
Win a Getaway to a National Park
Disclaimer: Post may contain affiliate links.
Gymboree’s Labor Day Sale begins today! Everything at Gymboree is 40% off, with up to 70% off clearance!
100’s of New Arrivals starting at $12.
Halloween, Mix-N-Match and Summer clearance – all happening now at the Gymboree’s Labor Day Sale.
Gymboree celebrates childhood and creates quality clothes and accessories that are the fabric of childhood. We inspire moms with our cute, colorful,coordinated collections. In Gymboree, kids shine bright and families look great together—for family moments, for special occasions, and for the special occasion that is every day of childhood.
Just enter your email and you are entered!
Thank you Just FREE Stuff for all the amazing giveaways
UPDATE: Will go live again on Monday 8/31 at 3PM Eastern, 2 Central, 1 Mountain, 12 Noon Pacific. First 20,000 will get one.
NEW YORK, N.Y., August 10, 2015 – You use it to get clean, refresh, relax or get invigorated, but how much do you really know about your shower? Did you know that the average shower lasts eight minutes in America, or that the shower is the third largest source of water use in the average American home? With conserving water and saving money and time becoming increasingly important to many people, here are the five most important things you should know about your shower from GROHE, the world’s leading single-brand manufacturer and supplier of kitchen and bath fittings:
1. Not all showerheads are created equal. Different showerheads emit water at different rates, and that “flow rate” affects how efficient a showerhead is – or isn’t. Federal law limits the maximum allowable flow rate to 2.5 gallons per minute (gpm) for showerheads, but some have even lower flow rates. The less water that comes out of the showerhead per minute, the less water that will get wasted down the drain. If your showerhead pre-dates 1980, it could be using more than 5 gpm.
Replacing a less efficient showerhead with one that has a lower flow rate, like the many GROHE showerheads and hand showers with EcoJoy technology, can save water and money – without sacrificing performance.
2. You can renovate a shower without tearing through the wall. Updating a shower can improve its efficiency and your shower experience, yet the potential need to open a bathroom wall may make you hesitate. “Shower renovations don’t have to require major re-plumbing,” said Cheryl Dixon, Head of Brand Trade and Marketing for GROHE. The GROHE Retro-Fit Shower System can be installed in less than an hour, connecting to your existing plumbing system without breaking the tile wall, and comes standard with a hand shower as well as a traditional showerhead. With three recently introduced models, the system makes it easy to renovate a shower and update a bathroom, even if you’re a renter who wants a quick and easy upgrade.
3. Thermostatic valves provide a customized, consistent shower. How much water goes down the shower drain while you’re waiting for the temperature to reach a comfortable level? “Adding a shower with a thermostatic valve not only ensures you’ll never again step into an icy shower stream or be surprised by a temperature fluctuation, it can also reduce the amount of water you use,” Dixon advises. GROHE’s GrohTherm 2000 thermostatic valve is a modern solution for both the bathtub and the shower, combining all the advantages of a thermostat with a perfect water experience. GrohTherm 2000 features GROHE CoolTouch® to avoid the risk of scalding, a functional tray for convenience and XL Waterfall for an aesthetic water flow. If you’re planning a bathroom renovation, a professional can easily install a thermostatic valve that will ensure water reaches the desired temperature sooner and stays at that temperature throughout your shower.
4. Showers are growing. Bigger seems to be better when it comes to showers, and studies show that many people are significantly expanding the size of their showers during renovations. Larger showers are ideal places for relaxation and rejuvenation, and walk-in showers with oversize panes of glass, multiple water sources and oversize rainshowers are becoming increasingly popular.
“We’re seeing the oversize rainshower trend boom right now,” says Dixon. “GROHE offers many different rainshower styles in hand showers and showerheads that provide users with the spa-like shower experience they desire.”
5. Conserving water in the shower is good for your wallet and your soul. Water costs can vary widely depending on where you live in the country. No matter where you live, however, reducing the amount of water you use will decrease both your water bill and your utility bill (electric or gas, depending on which fuels your water heater). To calculate how much you could save, you first need to get a better idea of how much water you use. The USGS Water Science School offers a great online water use calculator. Once you know how much water you use, you can take steps to reduce consumption, including:
* Installing more efficient showerheads.
* Reducing shower time to about five minutes.
* Using technology such as thermostatic valves and digital controls to shower more efficiently.
“Sustainability is a core principal during the design process at GROHE,” Dixon notes. “Between our water-saving technologies, faucets with adjustable flow rates and WaterSense products, we’re proud to be category leaders in that regard,” she concludes. Using less water is good for the environment, so you can feel positively about your water conservation efforts, all without losing any enjoyment of your shower experience.
To learn more about more efficient and enjoyable showering, visit www.grohe.com
GROHE faucet and shower products are distributed in more than 180 countries and represent nearly 80 years of excellence in European design, innovation, engineering and quality.
GROHE America’s headquarters are in the heart of the Flatiron district and houses the GROHE Live! Center, an interactive showroom created for inspiration and collaboration.
The GROHE Group is the world’s leading provider of sanitary fittings, comprising Grohe AG, Hemer, Hamburg and other subsidiaries in foreign markets. With its global GROHE brand, the GROHE Group relies on its brand values quality, technology, design and responsibility to deliver “Pure Freude an Wasser”.
The GROHE Group was purchased by the LIXIL Group and the Development Bank of Japan in January 2014. The LIXIL Group is the global leader in the building materials and housing equipment industry.
###For more information and to find local showrooms, please visit www.grohe.com/us or call 1-800-44-GROHE (47643)..
Myrtle Beach, SC; while know to some as a tourist destination, it is also home t many families. With a new Inflatable Rental company opening it’s doors to the community, children young and old will soon be having Bouncin’ good birthday parties.
Whaley’s Inflatables, family owned and operated, serving Myrtle Beach and the surrounding areas, offers bounce house rentals, tables and chairs and canopies. After speaking with the owner, I can see there is a lot of room for growth. With plans to add additional outdoor games available to rent, new and exciting inflatables, and other party entertaining items, Whaley’s Inflatables is going to be a hit.
When looking on their website, a 4th of July Special has already been posted, along with Military and Community Heroes discounts.
The children in the pictures look like they enjoy the bounce house. And who wouldn’t!
Back By Popular Demand!
Up to 84% off patterned clothing, shoes, home decor and more at Eleventh Avenue! Ends 7/4 – Shop Now! https://www.eleventhavenue.
Summer Lace Tunics – 5 Colors!—14.99: Affiliate Link: Summer Lace Tunics – 5 Colors!
Floral Printed Baseball Tunic—15.99: Affiliate Link: Floral Printed Baseball Tunic
Striped Pom Pom Trim Cover Up —13.99: Affiliate Link: Striped Pom Pom Trim Cover Up
Designer Inspired LILLY PULITZER Decals – 10 Patterns!—3.99: Affiliate Link: Designer Inspired LILLY PULITZER Decals – 10 Patterns!
Summer Chiffon Patterned Tops – Up to 2XL!—9.99: Affiliate Link: Summer Chiffon Patterned Tops – Up to 2XL!
Adorable Rainbow Ruffle Shorts—14.99: Affiliate Link: Adorable Rainbow Ruffle Shorts
Lace Sleeve Boyfriend Tee – 3 Colors!—18.99: Affiliate Link: Lace Sleeve Boyfriend Tee – 3 Colors!
Floral Cap Sleeve Tee – 3 Colors!—17.99: Affiliate Link: Floral Cap Sleeve Tee – 3 Colors!
Premium Stackable Bangles —4.99: Affiliate Link: Premium Stackable Bangles
Number Bangle Bracelets—16.99: Affiliate Link: Number Bangle Bracelets
Custom Date Necklace—13.99: Affiliate Link: Custom Date Necklace
Contains affiliate links
Spring has finally arrived and what could be more perfect than a cool, refreshing, delicious popsicle to enjoy on a beautiful spring or hot summer day?
Bare’s Basil Mint Citrus Mojito Popsicle combines some spring/summer flavors to make the perfect andrefreshing organic and low calorie treat to cool you down and enjoy the warm weather (and you can easily leave out the alcohol to make a non-alcoholic version).
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 3/4 C Bare Organic Lemon Drop Mixer
- 1 1/2 T agave
- 1 C crushed ice
- 2 T rum (optional)
1. Juice all of the citrus fruits.
2. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until the leaves are chopped.
3. Pour liquid into popsicle molds and freeze until solid.
Bare Mixers are a natural, low-calorie cocktail mixer used for margaritas, martinis, and so much more made with only the simplest and freshest ingredients including 100% real fruit juices, purified water, and organic agave syrup. Bare comes in a variety of mixers such as margarita, lemon drop and pomegranate cranberry cosmo that blend well with nearly any liquor or spirit or can also be enjoyed straight up on the rocks. Bare Mixers are free of artificial flavors, high fructose corn syrup, and empty calories. Each mixer is only 17 calories per ounce and 51 per serving, making Bare Mixers a much healthier option than other mixers on the market.
All new parents worry about their baby. I know I did – every noise, every move …
Companies are recognizing the need to develop products that give parents confidence in their child care. Jacques Lépine, CEO and founder of the smart baby bottle holder Baby Gigl offers these tips for successful parenting:
1. Pre-natal health: Mother’s health is one of the most important factors of determining the health of a baby throughout its life. The health of the mother, including her nutrient intake and level of exercise, can help influence life-long good health for her unborn child. All expectant mothers should follow their doctors’ recommendations for prenatal check ups.
2. Health and nutrition: Once the baby arrives, a nutritious, well-balanced diet is essential for normal growth and development. Parents can ensure that their baby is getting enough milk or formula by learning proper feeding techniques, monitoring intake and keeping the baby on a regular feeding schedule. Baby Gigl is a great product to teach caregivers how to properly hold a bottle and keep track of how much a baby is eating to help stay on top of a feeding regimen.
3. Safety: Preventable accidents account for 75 to 95 percent of injuries to children in the America. Child-proofing a living space is an important step in keeping children safe. Products like electrical outlet covers, safety locks for ovens and refrigerators, corner guards for furniture and gates for staircases should be used to help keep a child’s environment safe.
4. Non-toxic products: The Toxic Controlled Substance Act in the U.S. has not been updated since 1976. Do not risk letting children come in contact with products that may have poisonous substances in them. Look for safe pacifiers, teethers, and bottles that are BPA and chemical-free.
5. Breastfeeding: Breastfeeding helps strengthen the baby’s immune system, to help fight off digestive, respiratory and urinary infections and other illnesses. Mothers must stay in good health even after the birth, as the baby still receives key nutrients through their mother’s breast milk.